Also known as submerged arc specialized overlay, cladding, or weld cladding, weld overlay deposits one or more layers of metal to the surface of another base metal. This process provides a protective layer to the rolls surface.
Bonell offers a submerged arc specialized overlay weld process for new and repaired rolls and shafts.
Specialized Weld Overlay Process
Our submerged arc overlay weld process is an automated process to repair areas on rolls, including bearing and journal surfaces as well as entire body overlays.
Overview of our weld overlay process:
- Yields 54 Rockwell ‘C’ Scale @ 1200°F
- Weld repair roll necks, journals, and bodies
- Our technicians can spot weld repair damaged areas on rolls where acceptable
Weld Overlay Method
- Proper base material preparation
- Accurate deposit analysis
- Low-heat input
- Low and controlled dilution
- Low-to-no distortion
- Normalized-type structure on the finished product
Weld Overlay Advantages
Benefits to overlaying a roll include:
- Good abrasion resistance
- Good impact resistance
- Extended life of rolls/wear resistance
- Excellent resistance to cold deformation
- Cost-effective repair versus buying new rolls
- Corrosion resistance at high temperatures
Industry Applications for Weld Overlay
Weld overlay is useful across a variety of industries, including the following:
- Manufacturing applications
- Food processing equipment
- Plastic and paper processing equipment
Weld Overlay Your Rolls and Shafts at Bonell
Call us at 708-849-1770 or contact us and discuss your weld overlay requirements with us today.
Weld Overlay Roll Body
Weld Overlay RepairVIEW PROJECT GALLERY